When Maddie’s Fund started in 2000, I read their web page in great excitement. They were actually talking about numbers, about keeping records and setting goals. So I’ve been watching areas that have gotten Maddie’s Grants closely.
I’ve been so disillusioned.
Their formula just doesn’t have enough s/n while spending huge amounts on adoptions, a temporary fix at best.
Right now, I’m like a kid with a new toy. I figured out a new trick in Excel that lets me get a standard set of charts from Maddie’s shelter database with a quick cut and paste. In many cases, I already have some data, including s/n data I’ve pulled out of reports (that are no longer on Maddie’s website. I’m planning to put it all (graphs and charts) on my website, Reader of the Stats. But for now, just a preview.